• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• Extensive LED and Telnet diagnostics
• Web and DIP switch configuration
• Dual 10 – 60 VDC power input
• Total galvanic isolation & transient protection
• RS-422/485 termination and fail safe
• 1,000,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –25 to +70°C (–13 to +158°F) with no moving parts
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
• UDP, TCP client and TCP server with packing algorithm
• Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway
• Special modes for hardware handshake and resilience
The EDW-100 is a serial to Ethernet converter designed to allow RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 serial devices to communicate via TCP/IP Ethernet networks. DIP switches are used for configuration of RS-422/485 as well as for Ethernet port settings; the password protected web interface is used for all other settings. Diagnostic information can be accessed via a Telnet session with more basic information offered on LEDs.
The EDW-100 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications. The wide power range, galvanic isolation, transient protection and the design of the termination and fail safe guarantees communication in the worst environments. Only industrial grade components are used which gives the EDW-100 an MTBF of 1,000,000 hours and ensures a long service life.
A wide operating temperature range of –25 to +70°C (–13 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts. The EDW-100 has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside applications.
The EDW-100 supports UDP, TCP client and TCP server connections between units or to a PC virtual COM port. It also has an array of special modes, including Single Client Mode, Dual TCP Connection, DSR Connection, RST on TCP Closure, RTS Control, Break Signalling and Last Calling allowing the unit to be used in a wide range of complex applications.
The Modbus TCP gateway implementation in the EDW-100 supports Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII in both master and slave modes.
Customer service, Westermo North America