• Supporting various substation topologies
• Dedicated IEEE 1588v2 PTP hardware
• Multiple network resilience solutions
• Markets most compact high-performance IEC 61850-3 switch
• Bandwidth for today and the futures networks expansions
• An evolving platform providing maximum service life
• Featuring 5th generation WeOS including an array of cybersecurity features
• Designed for demanding mission critical applications
• High EMI immunity with comprehensive approvals
• Diminishing risk for downtime and maintenance-free operation for years
The Lynx 5612 is a high-performance substation automation-approved Ethernet switch ideal for energy and substationautomation applications.
It is the most compact high-performance switch for energy systems on the market. It has been developed with the needs ofcurrent and future networks in mind. Combining outstanding performance, durability and reliability, it is ideal switch for handlingbig data and high bandwidth requirements.
Critical energy infrastructure cannot tolerate interruptions of service which is why the switch is engineered to maintainuninterrupted data communication even in exceptionally harsh environments. It has been tested and verified to withstandextreme temperatures, vibrations and EMI and fulfills the requirements defined in and IEC 61850-3 Ed.2
Furthermore, only industrial grade components are used which contributes towards a market leading mean time between failure(MTBF), maximized service life and reduced operational and life cycle costs.By providing full gigabit speed on all 12 ports, four flexible SFP ports and layer 2 and layer 3 functionality, a broad range ofapplications are possible. Powered by the next generation WeOS operating system, which ensures robust operation andsupport for an expanding range of protocols and features. In addition, recognizing the growing sophistication of cyberattacks, anextensive suite of cyber security tools is available.
The switch is also prepared for routing acceleration, extended cybersecurity and time synchronization IEEE 1588v2 applications,making it the ideal solution to meet future security and bandwidth requirements.
Customer service, Westermo North America