• RS-232 line splitter functionality
• Line drive up to 18 km (11.18 mi)
• Repeater of Westermo W1 interface
• Transparent between all channels
• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• D-sub or screw terminal
• AC or DC power options
• Total galvanic isolation & transient protection
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration approval
• Three RS-232 or W1 configurable interfaces
• Bypass relay as option
• Half- and full duplex bus mode (Y/V mode)
The LD-01 is a four port line split modem allowing RS-232 systems to be connected in multidrop applications over long distance. The interface can be ether standard RS-232 or W1, a balanced current loop allowing transmission distances up
to 18 km (11.18 mi). In multidrop applications the LD-01 acts as a repeater on the W1 interface.
DIP switches are used for configuration options which make the unit simple to install. The serial interface is connected through a standard 9 pol D-sub or terminal block with screw connectors.
The LD-01 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications. The different power options, galvanic isolation, transient protection guarantees communication in the worst environments. The LD-01 has been tested to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
The design of the line split modem makes the LD-01 suitable for a variety of applications with various speed and data bit options. The V and Y mode emulate half or full duplex communication between master and slaves and a bypass board can be fitted to ensure networks can’t be broken by power failure at a single point.
Customer service, Westermo North America